In light of the global Covid-19 pandemic, we are changing up the process for Ignatz submissions. This year we will only be accepting PDFs to be submitted to the Ignatz jurors, with an optional single physical copies to follow later in the year.
Please note that these changes are for this year only and that our plan is to return to the traditional model in 2021.
Here is the process for submitting your mini-comics, comics, graphic novels and anthologies for the SPX 2020 Ignatz Awards:
- We are ONLY accepting single-file PDFs of the comics - we cannot accept folders of files, or comics in other formats
- Each file must be named with the following naming convention:
- For mini-comics, comics and graphic novels:
- For example: Hanselmann.Simon.Bad_Gateway.Fantagraphics.July2019.pdf
NOTES: If there is no Issue Number, then do not put one in the file name
If it is self published, put Self as the Publisher
- For example: Newlavant.Hazel.Comics_for_Choice.Self.June2017.PDF
NOTE: If there are multiple editors, use only the first one listed on the title page.
- Please do not assume we will figure out the creator's name, publisher, etc., as we simply won't have the time/person power
- Submissions must have been published between June 1, 2019 and May 30, 2020, and the deadline for all submissions is June 1, 2020
- We'd kindly ask you to hold one print copy of each title for inclusion in the Library of Congress small press collection - ideally you'll be able to simply drop a copy off at SPX, or we'll arrange to have it mailed to us hopefully sometime later this year depending on the circumstances.
Ok, that's it. Please let us know any questions you have, and thanks so much for making great art!!
Dan, Francesca and everyone else at SPX