2020 Business Insurance Planning
It is that time of year to set goals, review your business plans and look forward to a prosperous 2020. Part of your planning should include an annual California business insurance review. Your business changes, and so do your exposures. After you review some of these items, call our office and we will be happy to discuss these and more with you.
Why Complete a Business Insurance Review?
Your exposures may have changed.
Laws and regulations may have created new liabilities.
Your policy may have had small changes that require consideration and adjustment.
You may have too much coverage or to little coverage.
Items to Consider When Completing a Business Insurance Review.
1. Review sales and revenue- Have your company's annual sales increased or decreased? The more business you do, the greater potential liability you face.
2. Property Values- Have you added any new
equipment, purchased or leased a new building?
3. Have you considered the following coverage?
a. Cyber Liability
b. Directors & Officers Liability
c. Employment Liability
d. Earthquake, Flood or Wind Insurance
e. Business Income
f. Workers Compensation
g. Equipment Breakdown
h. Umbrella or Excess Liability
4. Did you purchase any new vehicles?
5. Do you have any foreign travel plans in 2020?
6. Do you sell any of your products in foreign countries?
7. Is your safety and loss control program up to date?
8. When was the last time someone reviewed your SIC codes for accuracy?
9. Are you serving any new industries? This might increase your liability.
10. Have you added any new partners? There might be a need for life insurance.
As a business owner, you can ensure that your company is protected by keeping your general liability insurance, workers' compensation insurance and commercial auto policies updated to reflect changes in your business. Call us today. We can help you design the right combination of coverage and price.