The mission of NAMI San Antonio is to provide advocacy, education, support and public awareness so that all individuals and families affected by mental illness can build better lives.
Nominations to run for open seats on the Board of Directors will be accepted from NAMI San Antonio members in good standing through October 7th, 2020. New board members will serve a three-year term beginning January 1st, 2021 through December 31st, 2023.
QUALIFICATIONS - Nominees must:
- Be a NAMI San Antonio Member in good standing;
- Fulfill areas of expertise needed by the board (i.e., financial, development, advocacy, etc.);
- Be able to devote time and resources to include bi-monthly Board Meetings and Board level committee meetings as appropriate; and
- Participate in the NAMIWalks, Visionary Lunch and other events and activities that help support the mission of NAMI San Antonio.
Please send a letter of nomination to the Nominating Committee along with answers to the questions below provided by the nominee. Nominations to the Board of Directors of NAMI San Antonio must be received in writing or electronically no later than October 7th, 2020 to:
NAMI San Antonio
Board Nominating Committee
6800 Park Ten Blvd., #248-E
San Antonio TX, 78213
Please have the person being nominated address the following questions:
- Why do you want to serve on the NAMI San Antonio Board of Directors?
- What skills do you bring to help the organization fulfill its mission?
- Do you or a family member have a mental health diagnosis or are you the caregiver for someone with a diagnosis?
- What activities of NAMI San Antonio have you participated in prior to your nomination?
- What other organizations have you participated in that complement the mission of NAMI San Antonio?
- Other comments regarding your nomination