Wow! What a different world since our Winter GLD Pastors' Wives Connection. We are ministering with our husbands at home in new and creative ways. None of us could have imagined a paradigm shift of this magnitude. How are you doing as the pastor's wife? During May, I am going to provide Zoom connections for our GLD Pastors' Wives to share and pray about these challenging times. Click here for the Zoom links!
||May 12, 7-8pm CST
||May 14, 7-8pm CST
||May 19, 7-8pm EST
||May 21, 7-8pm EST
Self-care is never a selfish act-it is simply good stewardship of the only gift we have, the gift we were put on earth to offer to others. Anytime we can listen to our true self and give it the care it requires, we do so not only for ourselves but for the many others whose lives we touch. Self-care can include things like getting to bed on time, saying no to work by establishing sabbath, sabbatical, vacation, and days off, building in regular exercise, and maintaining a nutritious diet. Self-care can be defined as the wisdom to ensure, as far as humanly possible, a wise and orderly work that conserves and lengthens a pastor's ministry. Pastors and their wives can only encourage people over the long haul when they themselves are moved, inspired, and spirited. That means self-care.
Our Self-Care Scriptures to pray for each other:
- Acts 20:24 "However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me."
- Philippians 4:11-12 "I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound."
- Romans 12:1,2"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God-this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing, and perfect will."
Be Resourced For Self-Care
- LoseIt App I have used this app for years. It is free, or you can upgrade for extra features. It helps me figure out plans for my calorie count, as well as specifics like the amount of fiber, salt, etc. You can connect it to your exercise app.
- One of our pastors' wives, Hannah Weiland, is a fitness trainer with Revelation Wellness® which is a non-profit ministry dedicated to educating and inspiring people to live healthy and whole lives in Christ so we can love others well. They use fitness as a tool to share the Gospel. Revelation Wellness® trains up instructors to carry this mission forward in local communities. In addition to fitness classes, they offer group studies, individual wellness challenges, and retreats.
I hope to see you on one of our May GLD Pastors' Wives' Zoom sessions.
Praying for your Self-Care to be purposeful and refreshing these next months,
Jan Thompson and the GLD Pastors' Wives' Team