We would like to thank everyone for their patience as we organized the details for the 2021 edition of the Wisconsin Marathon. It has been a long and trying year for everyone and first and foremost, we would like to extend our hopes that you and your loved ones are staying safe and feeling healthy. We have been working hard putting together details for 2021 and working with health officials to put on a wonderful event for this year.
As you know, we deferred all registered participants from the 2020 race to 2021 and, we are happy to announce that we will have an in-person race on Saturday, May 1st, as scheduled!
At this time, due to recommendations and other factors, for 2021, we will only be hosting the half marathon and 5k distance on this date. We will see a few changes to the event itself that are still being worked on and will be dependent on recommended safety regulations at that time. We will also be making a couple of small changes to the half marathon and 5k courses in order to comply with safety measures and to utilize fewer resources and personnel from our cities. Though some small changes will be seen, we are still committed to putting on the best race experience possible for all our runners.
All 2020 deferred runners will have the option of:
- Running the half marathon or 5k with us in 2021
- Deferring their registration again to 2022
- Transferring their registration to someone else
- Transferring to a virtual race
Instructions for each of these options can be found below, so please read the message below in its entirety.
What does this mean:
If you signed up for the 5k or the half marathon in 2020, your registration has been transferred to the same distance for 2021. Please see instructions below.
If you registered for the marathon distance in 2020, you should have received an email from Tracy earlier this week with details on what to do with your 2021 registration.
We have come up with several different options available for our runners so that they can choose how to best utilize this year's registration for themselves.
If you plan on running with us in person on May 1st:
Great! Please log in to your race account as soon as possible and choose a start corral and start time. LINK HERE. Click on our race, click MANAGE REGISTRATION, go to the bottom and click CORRAL, pick one and save your changes. You can also use that link to make changes to your race info, i.e. address, shirt size, etc.
We will have start clusters every 3 minutes and are allowed 50 people per cluster. You can sign up for any cluster you like, but be sure to do so quickly, as spots will fill up. We are asking that runners not come to the start corral until no more than 10 minutes before their cluster starts. Once you get to the start line, you may start your race. At this time, masks will be required at the race site and in the corrals, but can be removed when you start running. Any changes to these policies will be communicated as they are received.
If you do not plan on running with us in person on May 1st:
We understand if you are not comfortable gathering or running with us at this time. We have created several options for you, please see below. You will need to log in to YOUR PROFILE in order to accomplish this.
Defer your registration to 2022: You can choose to defer your registration one more year by using the instructions on THIS LINK. This will be available for any distance.
Transfer your registration to someone else: In order to transfer your registration, log into your Runsignup account and click on your profile. Click "upcoming events" then "manage registration" and finally "transfer to another runner." Follow the instructions and fill in your new runner's information as asked. There is no fee to transfer your event.
Run the Virtual Race: You sign switch your registration to our Virtual Run and do the run from home. Any distance will be accepted. We will mail you your teeshirt, medal, and bib for no additional charge. Follow these instructions to transfer to the Virtual Race.
Quick Hits of New Rules for 2021:
* Rolling race start - you will choose your start time, as referenced above
* No mass gatherings - arrive to start area no more than 10 minutes prior to your wave
* Masks worn at start and finish - Can be removed once you begin running
* Post race food will be Grab & Go - pre-bagged for easy distribution
- We will be able to open up additional registration spots for the half marathon and 5k (and the virtual race) in coming weeks. We will announce that info on our website and via email, as usual. We will have a limited number of spots available and that will be dependent on what our current registrants decide for this year.
- Please be sure to select your corral time as soon as possible. We wanted to get our current registrants first crack at time slots before opening up registration to new people.
- Mittens Challenge and Half and Half Challenge participants: We have heard that the Kalamazoo Marathon and Half Marathon will not be taking place in 2021 and will return in 2022, if that effects your decision to run with us this year. They are a separate race, so we don't have details on what they are planning.
- Due to suggested health and safety regulations, we will not be able to serve up brats and beer after the race, nor will we be able to have all the tents and hang out areas at the finish line, as usual. We will still have cheese and we will still have some great post-race refreshments for you!
- We will not be providing holdable goodie bags this year to go along with your shirt and bib. We will instead email out a virtual goodie bag with various promotions. (It's greener that way, anyway.)
Our race website is having problems and is currently not updated. We know the information on our website is old. We'll have that updated as soon as the problem is resolved. No need to let us know.