We are happy to announce plans for racing in 2021!
The Wisconsin Marathon event will return on Saturday, May 1st, with a twist. After working with local officials and working all year on a plan for 2021, our race this year will only be offering a half marathon and 5k distance, with the marathon distance returning in 2022.
Our race plan calls for start groupings of 60 people every three minutes, so you can choose any available start time between 7am and almost 8:30am. Slots will fill up, so register now to claim your time.
There will be a few other safety measures and changes in place this year but racing is back! We are excited to see you!
Want to race but don't want to travel? We will have a Virtual Race option available, too! You will have your shirt, medal, and bib mailed directly to you with no additional shipping fees.
Other additions: This year, in what we hope will be an industry trend from now on, we are also offering free bib transfers and deferrals to all registered runners. Sign up and get hurt? No waste of a registration fee, here. Sell your spot to a friend or just switch to 2022. It is racing with fewer risks!
We hope you'll choose to join us in 2021 and get back to doing what we all love to do, be outside and run!
Snapshot of New Rules for 2021:
* Rolling race start - you will choose your start time, as referenced above.
* Reduced participation densities - arrive to start area no more than 10 minutes prior to your wave.
* Masks worn at start and finish - can be removed once you begin running.
* Post race food will be Grab & Go - pre-bagged for easy distribution.
- Due to suggested health and safety regulations, we will not be able to serve up brats and beer after the race, nor will we be able to have all the tents and hang out areas at the finish line, as usual. We will still have cheese and we will still have some great post-race refreshments for you!
- We will not be providing holdable goodie bags this year to go along with your shirt and bib. We will instead email out a virtual goodie bag with various promotions. (It's greener that way, anyway.)
For all of our deferred runners from last year, be sure to follow the instructions from the email we sent the other week. Link with details is here in case you needed it.