2021 SUBARU SERIES UPDATE
Your Subaru Triathlon Series team would like to thank our athletes and partners for their patience, support and flexibility over the past year. We all continue to be impacted by Covid-19 in different ways and none of us have been left untouched.
With increasing vaccination rollout and prevention measures, we continue to be optimistic that we will be able to hold in person events in 2021. We are continuing to plan and prepare to host the 2021 Subaru Triathlon series, but realize, at least initially, we may be restricted in gathering numbers and will have to make adjustments to the way we operate. After much consideration, we have decided on the below, tentative schedule:
Guelph Lake 1: June 19/20 - We anticipate holding a number of 100 person waves to limit the number of people gathering at one time. Details on timing/distances will be coming out soon.
Niagara: July 25 – The hope is that by this date, we can hold larger events “as normal” with increased prevention measures in place.
Guelph Lake 2: August 14/15 – This event would mimic our “usual” GL1 event with an Olympic and TAT on Saturday and Sprint on Sunday.
Milton: September 4 - moved from the original June 2021 date.
Owen Sound: September 12
We realize that the above schedule has date changes from our earlier tentative schedule sent out in January and includes the elimination of Orillia in 2021. We have full intentions of returning to our normal schedule, including Orillia in 2022. Because of these changes, we will be sending out options for people already signed up for any event which will include:
- Staying in the race originally signed up for, regardless of the date
- A transfer to any other Subaru Series event in 2021 that fits your schedule, free of charge
- A full refund option
These options will be sent out around May 1st, and will have instructions, so we ask that you please do not contact us with your decision at this time.
We have also been getting a lot of inquiries about when registration will open. We have decided to hold off opening registration until we have a clearer picture of what the event landscape will look like in 2021. We will prepare with new protocols and contingency plans and adapt if necessary. If the status of any event is impacted, we will communicate the changes as soon as they become available.
As always, the health and safety of our athletes, staff, volunteers and event partners is our top priority and restrictions will be in place during all our events this season.
Thank you again for your patience and understanding.
Take care and safe training,
The Trisport Team