2022-2023 Darien School District Budget Process Is Underway
We encourage all parents to learn more about the proposed budget for the 2022-2023 school year and the initiatives for Darien High School.
All 2022-2023 Budget materials, including the Superintendent’s Proposed Budget and Questions & Answers posed by various parties can be found on darienps.org and are linked here.
View the Tuesday, Jan 11th Board of Education meeting budget discussion here. Discussion of the proposed 22-23 DPS budget begins at 1:45. Public comment takes place at the beginning and end of the meeting.
View the Tuesday, Jan 18th Board of Education meeting budget discussion here.
All meetings are open to the public and viewable here.
In order to ensure that ALL voices are heard, we want to hear input from parents in the DHS community.
Some key topics we have identified:
- 1:1 Technology for DHS - discussion begins at 1:51*
- Additional part-time Health/PE teacher at DHS
- Open Choice - discussion begins at 2:08*
We’ve also heard feedback from our DHS community that the following topics are important:
- SSD Coordinator to support standardized and AP testing
- Return of the China Exchange program
- Additional Bursar position at DHS to support student related activities
- Psychologist position at DHS
- Textbooks for AP Spanish
- Additional coaches for Freshman Field Hockey and Girls’ Rugby
* Please note : Both 1:1 Technology and Open Choice will be discussed in detail at a special BOE Meeting on Jan 24 @ 7PM.
Thank you to those who have given feedback so far. We appreciate hearing any and all questions/comments/and concerns from parents.
Leila Buckjune and Antoinette Cowles, DHSPA co-chairs