Congratulations to Our Newest Trailblazers
Dear friends,
Please join us in pride and excitement as we welcome our newest class of Trailblazers: 153 girls who were awarded the Ann Bancroft Foundation grant for Spring 2022.
Although we continue to bear witness to the devastating effects of the pandemic and other life events on girls' mental health, we remain energized by the investment in girls and the sponsorship of their dreams. We hope that our newest class of Trailblazers will experience joy in these uncertain times through the experiences and activities the grants allow them to explore.

We struggled to choose eight stories to include in this newsletter because one after another, we couldn’t help the pride and gratitude we felt reading stories of hope, dreams, and courage.

Commemorating the 50th Anniversary of Title IX on June 23
Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972 is a federal law that states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.” 

To commemorate this landmark legislation, during a game on June 23, the Minnesota Lynx will honor Minnesota’s Women in athletics, sports, and advocacy, including our founder, Ann Bancroft. 

NEW STAFF: Meet Grace Schreder
“I'm excited to join a community of people who share a desire to support girls in pursuing what they love."

Grace recently joined ABF as our Operations Administrator. With six years of non-profit administration experience, Grace will support day-to-day operations while creating efficient processes and systems to help us thrive.
NEW BOARD MEMBERS: Meet Jade, Kelly, and Lee

Please welcome our new board members of exceptional leaders: Jade Denson, Kelly McNamara, and Lee Vue.

We are honored that they are bringing their time and talents to support our purpose, promise, and potential of investing in girls today to strengthen our Minnesota community for years to come.

Register for Driver’s Ed this summer at no out-of-pocket cost: Driver’s ed providers across the state have sessions starting in June and through Minnesota Afterschool Advance (MAA), you can register without paying a penny out of your pocket!

MAA uses the K-12 Education Tax Credit to cover 75% of the cost. But this summer, a special scholarship available from Youthprise will cover the remaining 25%. 

Get Started
If you haven’t applied to MAA in 2022 for the student you wish to register, check your eligibility and get started by applying online. After the student you wish to register is approved for 2022, sign up for the class on the MAA website. Enter the discount code SUMMER2022 to claim the special scholarship.
Stay Connected