Dear Fellow SCMS Members,
The results of the 2023 SCMS elections are in! On behalf of the Board of Directors, I am pleased to announce:
- Yeidy Rivero (University of Michigan-Ann Arbor) has been elected President-Elect
- Kristen Warner (Cornell University) has been elected Treasurer
- Maria Suzanne Boyd (Delaware County Community College) has been elected Member-at-Large
- Debashree Mukherjee (Columbia University) has been elected Member-at-Large
- Kristina Brüning (University of Texas at Austin) has been elected Graduate Student Representative
Each board member begins their term on July 1, 2023. The vote for the position of Treasurer resulted in a tie; per our bylaws, the result was decided by lot.
Please join the Board in extending deepest thanks to Derek Kompare, Mary Beltrán, Kevin Sanson, James Tweedie, Patrick Vonderau, Cameron Brown, Tamar Hanstke, Dafna Kaufman, and Alex Remington for their willingness to stand for office and for their ongoing service and commitment to the Society for Cinema and Media Studies.
The Board would also like to thank members of the SCMS Nominating Committee for their hard work in developing this excellent slate of candidates: Gilberto Blasini (chair), Mal Ahem, Miranda Banks, Michael Johnson, Paul McDonald, Justin Rawlins, Chuck Tryon.
Lastly, a special thanks to all SCMS members who took the time to cast their ballot in this year’s election. Your robust participation makes for a strong and dynamic SCMS.
Secretary, Society for Cinema and Media Studies