On Friday, March 2 the Washington Unified School District (WUSD) hosted the 2nd Annual Principal for a Day program allowing local and regional community and business leaders to serve alongside a school principal for an entire morning.
Participants in the Principal for a Day program gain valuable insight into the role of a school principal while establishing lasting relationships that bring the community even closer together.
“We are so fortunate to be joined today by amazing partners committed to supporting our efforts in fulling our mission statement and becoming a true gateway to extraordinary possibilities. Our schools have always been and will continue to be the cornerstone of our community—the relationships and partnerships we build with our fellow community leaders will only serve to reinforce the educational opportunities available to all children in West Sacramento,” said Linda C. Luna, WUSD Superintendent.
As a participant in the Principal for a Day program, guests were assigned to each WUSD school where they shadowed a principal during a regularly scheduled school day coinciding with
Read Across America Day
. Principal duties began at 9:30 a.m. and activities concluded with a lunch at Bryte College & Career Training campus.
We would like to extend our supreme gratitude to our 2018 Principal for a Day participants:
- Vernon Billy, CEO California School Board Association
- Steve Binns, Deputy Fire Chief, West Sacramento Fire Department
- Denice Domke, President/CEO, West Sacramento Chamber of Commerce
- Quirina Orozco, Councilmember, City of West Sacramento
- Jesse Ortiz, Ed.D. Superintendent, Yolo County Office of Education
- Gil Torres, Broker/Owner, Exclusive Realty
- Chris Worden, Executive Director, Future Ready
- Karen Ziebron, Board Member, West Sacramento Community Foundation