SPORTS TRIVIA NIGHT
Practice round #2
Our 2nd annual Sports Trivia Night Fundraiser is coming up on June 15, beginning at 7:00 pm in our school gym. The cost is $100 per person or $500 for a team of up to 8. The fee includes pizza, snacks, and non-alcoholic beverages. You may bring your own beer and wine.
The winning team gets a free foursome in the Peter and Paul Golf Outing held at Cress Creek on September 13 or a table for 8 at next year's Auction.
Each week we'll provide you with some sports trivia questions to help prepare your group for the 'real deal.' Let's see how well you do today!
To register your team,
1. Which was the last expansion team to join the NFL?
2 Which major leaguer's 3,000th hit was his last in the MLB?
3. Which minor league baseball city has the nickname Mudhens?
4. How many members are there in a NASCAR pit crew?
5. Which college was an original member of the Big Ten?
University of Chicago
6. In what city did the Carolina Hurricanes first enter the NHL?
7. Who did Muhammad Ali beat in the "Rumble in the Jungle"?
8. Who is the only player to win the Heisman Trophy and play in the NBA?
9. Who is the first African American to win the Heisman Trophy?
10. What is the oldest bowl game in college football?
11. Two MLB pitchers won exactly 300 games in their career. Name one.
12. Which NBA team drafted Kobe Bryant?
Los Angeles Lakers
13. Who has the most coaching wins in the NBA?
Don Nelson Red Auerbach
14. Where is the International Bowling Museum and Hall of
15. Which is the only Grand Slam tennis tournament to be
played on grass?
16. What school is known as the Cradle of Coaches for having produced the likes of Bo Schembechler, Ara Parseghian, and Earl 'Red' Blaik?
17. Which of these Hall of Famers did not wear #13?
18. Which city hosted the first Super Bowl?
19. Which was the first wild card team to win the World Series?
St. Louis Cardinals
Boston Red Sox Florida Marlins
20. Who is the first African American to be a NFL head coach?
Nobody should bet against you.
12 or less
Thanks for the donation!
The answers can be found on the school web page under the Advancement tab.