We're less than two weeks away from the 2nd Annual Saints Peter and Paul School Sports Trivia Night fundraiser being held on Friday, June 15, from 7:00 - 10:00 p.m. in our air-conditioned gym.
Registration is $100 per person or $500 for a team of up to 8. Your fee includes pizza, snacks, and pop. You are welcome to bring your own beer and wine. The winning team gets their choice of a free foursome at our September 13 Golf Outing or up to 8 free admissions at our March Auction.
We've been helping you prep for the contest with weekly sports trivia questions to help prepare your group for the 'real deal.' Hopefully you're making progress so let's see how well you do today!
1. Which player played in the most wins?
Pete Rose Yogi Berra
2. Who hit .408 won season but lost the batting title?
Ty Cobb George Brett Joe Jackson
3. Who was the first 40 year old to drive in 100 runs?
Manny Ramierez Dave Winfield
4. Who has the highest career batting average among players with at least 300 home runs?
Gabby Hartnett Rogers Hornsby Ted Williams
5. Who averaged 200 hits per season over his first 14 seasons?
Pete Rose Paul Molitor Ichiro Suzuki
Who is the first White Sox player to be named MVP?
Nellie Fox Dick Allen
7. Who had 3 seasons of 40 or more homers and fewer strikeouts than homers?
8. Who is the only catcher to win 3 batting titles?
9. Who, besides Ty Cobb, is the only player to bat clean up in the World Series at age 20?
Greg Luzinski Mike Trout Miguel Cabrera
10. Who has scored the most World Series runs?
Mickey Mantle Reggie Jackson
11. Who has the most wins in the NFL as a head coach?
George Halas Tom Landry Don Shula
12. Which NFL team features a helmet decal on only one side of the helmet?
Pittsburgh Steelers Tennessee Titans
13. 4 of the first 5 picks in the 1989 NFL draft are in the Hall of Fame....Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas, Troy Aikman, and Deion Sanders.
Who was the bust?
14. Which of these teams was not an original NFL team that moved over to the AFC
Steelers Raiders Colts Browns
15. Who is the only player to be enshrined in both Canton and the Canadian Football Hall of Fame?
16. Which state has produced the most NFL Hall of Famers?
Texas Ohio California
17. Who is the only Super Bowl MVP to play on a losing team?
Larry Fitzgerald Steve McNair
18. Who holds the single-season record for most touchdown receptions with 23?
Terrell Owens Jerry Rice
19. The Seattle Seahawks paid this university a licensing fee to use the "12th man" slogan?
20. Which major league baseball team selected both John Elway and Dan Marino in the 1979 amateur draft?
New York Yankees
Kansas City Royals
Los Angeles Dodgers
Did Alexa help you?
There's still time to recruit another team member.
12 or less
Are you at least making progress?
The answers can be found on the school web page under the Advancement tab.