Are you or a loved one suffering from
tingling, numbness and pain in your wrist, hand and forearm?
If yes, you are most likely suffering from
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
; a condition caused by pressure on the median nerve, which runs through a small canal in the wrist.
When Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is left untreated it can progress to weak muscles in the hand, difficulty gripping and even permanent loss of feeling in some fingers.
We have seen patients
unable to sleep through the night
because of Carpal Tunnel Pain. Often they are
unable to do their daily tasks at home and work without pain
causing them to feel irritable and less productive.
Patients need to be able to sleep in order to heal and they deserve to lead happy, productive, pain free lives, so relieving Carpal Tunnel pain is a top priority for us.
At InnerMovement we have solutions to Carpal Tunnel Pain
. We recommend patients start with lifestyle modification such as:
- Set up an 'ergonomic' workspace at home & work.
- Spend less time Tapping, Scrolling & Swiping on your phone or tablet.
- Improve your posture, focusing on correcting rounded shoulders + forward head position.
- Give your hands and wrists a stretch break every 15-20mins.
- Wear Carpal Tunnel Wrist braces while sleeping.
- Supplement with Vitamin B6 and Turmeric.
Here are some other 'hands on' solutions you can schedule at InnerMovement to alleviate this painful condition, get you sleeping through the night.
Tip: Conditions such as Diabetes, Arthritis and Thyroid Disease can all contribute to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome so be sure to rule out these potential underlying conditions.
Until your next visit,
Dr Heidi & the staff at InnerMovement