So Much to Say
We have now been living in Costa Rica for three weeks now. A lot has happened. We have met new people, experienced new things, and have been transitioning well. The best way to share what has been happening is with a list. Here it is:
1. Driving our stick shift van is going well. Minimal stalling is happening and we are getting everywhere that we need to be.
2. Costa Rica is hot. Yet, we do seem to be acclimating to the weather. We used to sit down at night with six fans around us. Now we are down to only two. We were so blessed to get air conditioners installed in our bedrooms that we use at night in order to sleep well. This makes a huge difference.
3. Darrell arrived last Monday and is adjusting well.
4. We have three baby chickens, a rooster, and one egg-laying hen. This is trial and error for us. So far, all is well. Our pre-existing dog kennel has been converted into a chicken coop!
5. I (Nathan) was able to go with other Praying Pelican staff to meet with three pastors. It was a blessing to hear their hearts, see their churches, and hear how the coming mission trip teams can be a blessing to the local church here in Costa Rica.
6. The children tested into their new school and did great. Except that they all failed in Spanish. Laura and I would have too! They will be starting second semester of 1st, 3rd, and 5th grade on July 13th, along with Isaiah in a 3 year old class for half days. They will probably start those grades over in February, when the new school year starts depending on how it goes.
7. We have been visiting two local churches (both of which PPM works with) to try to find the best fit for our family. We are so blessed to have great options in Liberia!
8. We have mango smoothies almost every day. It's like manna from heaven as we go out to hunt for mangos, so good!
9. We are working on getting a P.O. Box and will let you know as soon as we have a reliable mailing address.
10. We are eating very similar to how we ate in the U.S. Laura has been experimenting with local foods and flavors trying to make it taste like home. We are also trying new foods as we come across them. We found a great produce market that is open Thursdays and Fridays, that is when we stock up.