Our Lobbyist Tim Meenan has learned that the Speaker of the House has a very aggressive agenda this Session - related to health care. Tim says that the House may have as many as 30 bills affecting health care and at least some of them will be aimed at health insurance! This, in addition to other health-insurance-related bills he expects to be introduced.
Tim needs as many of you as possible to attend - particularly if you are involved in the health insurance arena. He needs every legislator visited by NAIFA-Florida members to communicate our issues - which means we need NAIFA members from every legislative district (both House and Senate) to attend our Legislative Day on the Hill - Tuesday, March 19 in Tallahassee. Your participation in DOH is vital to our advocacy efforts before the Florida Legislature, the Department of Financial Service, and the Governor's office. (See Tim's video clip below....)
Registration is open and the Early-bird deadline is next Friday, Feb. 22nd.
Full registration is $130. After Feb. 22, it's $145. Includes orientation breakfast buffet, outdoor dinner buffet and open bar "under the oaks" (with music and bonfire!), and ongoing shuttle transportation between our host hotel and the dinner venue. Reservations for our hotel room block (The Hampton Inn -- $179 D/K) expires on Feb. 22 as well (see info below). Register online at NAIFA-Florida.org, or use the attached registration form.
$100 scholarships are still available from our Education Foundation - for first-timers who are under 40 and less than five years in the business (see complete information below.). Limited to the first 10 to register.
See video below on why it's important to attend Legislative Day on the Hill -- from Sarasota's Taylor Collins
Monday, Mar. 18, 2019
- 6:00 p.m. - LILI Graduation dinner (open to all) - Georgio's Restaurant. Speaker TBA. (cost of dinner not included in DOH registration).
Tuesday, Mar. 19. 2019 - Legislative Day on the Hill (all events covered by DOH registration fee.)
- 7:30 a.m. - Breakfast buffet open - FSU's University Center Club
- 8:00 a.m. - Program begins - Orientation, Lobbyist Tim Meenan
- 9:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. - Appointments with your legislators at the Capitol
- 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. - Buffet dinner and open bar - The Dogwood House (outdoors, very casual - shuttle transportation between host hotel and venue)
Educational Foundation Offers Scholarships to Young Agents for "Day on the Hill" in Tallahassee - March 19
The NAIFA-Florida Foundation for Education (NFEF) is offering ten scholarships to YAT (Young Agent Team) members in the amount of $100 each - to attended NAIFA-Florida's Legislative Day on the Hill - only for those who have not attended previously. A YAT is defined as someone under the age of 40 or someone with less than 5 years of experience in our industry.
- Applicants must be a NAIFA-Florida member in good standing at the time of application and at the receipt of funds for the scholarship.
- To be considered for a scholarship, you must be one of the first ten to register for DOH.
- Scholarships are based only on reimbursement of actual expenses.
- Scholarship recipients must attend Day on the Hill and participate in at least one meeting with a legislator.
- Scholarship recipients must film a testimonial video and allow NFEF to utilize to promote the Foundation and NAIFA-Florida.
Diana Shipley on the NAIFA-Florida staff is tracking registrations and qualifiers for the scholarships. Check with her for availability. Her e-mail address is:
The Hampton Inn
-- Our host hotel is
The Hampton Inn
(3388 Lonnbladh, Tallahassee, phone 850-574-4900). NOTE: Please use reservations code "
NAI" to obtain our group rate of $179 per night (includes continental breakfast).
Reservations cutoff is Friday, Feb. 22, 2019