First I would like to thank you on behalf of We Save Lives for your ongoing support and generosity. It has allowed us to develop many outstanding and life saving programs:
- Our campaign asking people to add #ButNotWhileDriving, to their signature on their mobile devices. Have you added this phrase to your signature?
- The Courage to Intervene Promise, encouraging friends, family members and others to intervene when someone is going to make a dangerous driving choice. Have you signed this promise or asked your friends and family members to do so?
- Our petition asking mobile device makers to add a "not while driving" feature, (they did). We believe it is because Elissa Blanken allowed us to tell the story of her remarkable daughter, Margay, who was tragically killed by a distracted driver. Thank you, Elissa for sharing.
- Our current petition alerting legislators to the dangers of driving high. If you are concerned about marijuana and driving, please sign the petition and share with others so they can sign.
- Our speaker's bureau volunteers who speak to schools, community groups and the military. If you are in need of a speaker or wish to become a speaker please contact us.
- Our advocacy in support of drunk, drugged and distracted driving initiatives. We are the only national advocacy organization who initiates and supports anti-drugged driving initiatives.
- Our work alerting law enforcement, legislators and others to roadside oral fluid testing for drugged drivers.
- Our ability to reach millions through our social media campaigns and videos, most notably Reflections from Inside. We just had two more requests, one from Latvia and another from Japan.
- Our work promoting our more than 60 partners from all over, along with their safety messages and campaigns, thereby increasing their impact. If you are a nonprofit who wishes to become a partner, please contact us.
- Plus our campaign encouraging everyone, especially the media, to Drop the "A word and substitute with crash, collision, wreck or in the case of impaired driving, crime.
We do so much more and we do it because we care about the safety of you and your loved ones. No one should ever have to suffer at the hands of a reckless and irresponsible driver. No one should ever bury a child because someone chose to drive impaired and no one should mourn the loss of a loved one because someone couldn't turn off their cell phone while driving.
kill more than 100 people a day
in motor vehicle crashes and we
injure millions more each year
, and most of these are
. Yet highway safety isn't a priority in this country though we keep trying to make it one.
We Save Lives takes our mission seriously,
"To support and promote solution driven policies and programs that save lives by changing dangerous driving choices through viral awareness, education, advocacy and partnerships."
in our programs, campaigns and advocacy is the
best way to help us save a life. The
is to always drive safe, sober and focused and if you are a parent, be a good driving role model for your children.
We encourage you to do both, give and drive safe!