3. "Blue Ribbon Bow River Cleanup" - New for 2012!!
Courtesy, Yellowstone River Cleanup
This year, five volunteer fly fishing drift boat participants in the "Blue Ribbon Bow River Cleanup" will receive a special package of items that have been generously donated by several local sponsors.
Each package will contain:
Tim Hortons: $5.00 breakfast/coffee certificate
Paw's N Wheel Wash: $15.00 car/boat wash certificate
Safeway: $10 deli lunch certificate
Coop: $10 deli lunch certificate
Spolumbo's: $50 box lunch certificate
In addition, one of the five participants will also receive:
Kingsboro Auto Service: Oil Change certificate (value approx. $50.00)
To qualify to have your name in the draw:
1. Register for the 'Blue Ribbon Bow River Cleanup' by contacting email@example.com Michelle will send you the Liability Waiver and the Individual Data Card.
2. Take some garbage bags on your float trip this weekend, either Saturday or Sunday.
3. After the cleanup, submit your Liability Waiver and Individual Data Card to Michelle.
4. Provide a photo that includes you and/or your fly fishing party, along with your boat and your collected trash.
5. Five names will be drawn from those who participate in this special event.
For more information about the "Blue Ribbon Bow River Cleanup", please see item #4 just below.
Tim Hortons. Owner Dave. Aveneda Place, Macleod Tr SW (next to Fish Tales Fly Shop)
Paws N' Wheel Wash: Owner Jeff Gottfredsen. Douglas Square at Deerfoot. Many drift boat owners already swing by here after their Bow River float trips.
Safeway: Mgr Maureen Asselin. Lake Bonavista Shopping Centre (between Anderson Rd SE & Canyon Meadows Dr SE). On the way to 22X boat launch.
Coop: Mgr Susan, Asst Mgr Wendy. Deer Valley Shopping Centre, Canyon Meadows Drive SE & Bow Bottom Trail SE. On the way to 22X boat launch.
Spolumbo's: Co-Owner Tony Spolotini, 1308 9 Ave SE (Inglewood). Well known for providing box lunches for drift boaters over the years.
Kingsboro Auto Service: Owner/Operator Hank Izaak. 4674 MacLeod Tr SW. Kingsboro handles all manner of vehicle repair work, as well as maintenance and repair of boat trailer wheel bearings. Hank and his crew have been looking after our personal and business vehicles since September 1972. Yes, that's 40 years!
Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup - Alberta 2011 Facts