Most of us are in week 3 of social isolation. Perhaps you have developed a routine that is working for you and you are adjusting well to this new way of life and work. Or perhaps, like many of us, you are struggling. It may also be that you are unsure how you are doing, feeling okay at times and stressed and fearful at others.
How do we know if we need help?
If you are experiencing any of the following, please consider reaching out to the Lawyer Assistance Program:
- Difficulty sleeping, concentrating or making decisions
- Feeling especially fatigued
- Over or under eating
- Difficulty controlling anxious or fearful thoughts
- Irritability and lack of patience
- Engaging in unhealthy behaviors such as excessive drinking, eating, gambling or other compulsive behaviors
These things can go from manageable to unmanageable quickly. Please don’t wait to reach out.
The Lawyer Assistance Program (LAP) is here for you. Beth Eckhardt, LCSW, PhD is offering confidential professional counseling sessions via doxy.me, a HIPAA compliant telehealth video platform.
Reach out to other lawyers who are navigating these waters while continuing to practice law. Members of the Lawyer Assistance Committee are available to provide peer support.
We can all use some support right now!
Beth Eckhardt, LCSW, PhD
Henry Kruman, Esq.
Chair, Lawyer Assistance Committee