The past year has forced our charitable sector to become more creative in meeting the many needs of our community. We know many of you are being more candid about your needs, and donors are showing greater curiosity in how their dollars are affecting change. Let's explore how a robust and up-to-date profile tells the world that you are meeting the challenges of this new world head-on while providing a level of insight that sophisticated donors will look for.
Optimizing Your Profile for Online Donors
Knowing that we will likely not be back to ‘business-as-usual’ for quite some time, it’s likely you have resorted to using new methods of communicating and fundraising. With many of these new tools being computer-led, your donors are likely spending more time online. Review your profile to make sure you provide current insight.
- Is your website up to date?
- Are contact and donation information easy to find?
- Are you providing potential donors with the information they want to see?
- Can a donor have confidence that their gift will be used efficiently and effectively?
4 Easy Communications Tactics for 2021
GiveSmartOKC can be a versatile tool addressing each of the essential components of a strong communications plan, making it easy to tell your organization’s story beyond just the financials.
When developing your communications plan, be sure to incorporate your GiveSmartOKC profile in at least one method of delivery each month. Some suggested ways to do this include:
Adding the GiveSmartOKC badge on your organization’s website, in email blasts, and in your email signature to link directly to your profile.
- Post your profile on social media.
- Include information about your profile in your newsletter or other printed communication pieces.
- Share your profile with new staff and board members.
We wish you all a safe and happy holiday and hopes for a bright 2021.