Hello Butte County 4-H,
The COVID-19 Pandemic has changed our plans for summer camp again this year. Due to the uncertainty of what our lives will look like in June and whether 4-H and Public Health guidelines will permit our traditional camp to take place, we are tentatively planning a four day long day-camp program to take place.
But we need to know if people would be interested in participating. Read details about what is loosely planned, and respond using the survey tool below if 4-H members in your family would be interested in attending a camp in this style.
The day camp would take place the same week that regular camp would have - the week of June 28th and be held at Durham Park. It would likely run for four days, from approximately 10am to 4pm. The cost for around 55 campers should be no more than $49.
This day camp would include:
- Arts and Crafts (tie-dye, lanyards, painted tiles, along with others typically at camp at Rockin' U)
- Recreation (again many of the same events, tug of war, beach volleyball, large tag-style games, kickball, etc.)
- Segways provided by Camp Rockin' U (date and cost permitting, but Rockin' U leadership has indicated it is likely)
- A day at the Durham Pool to take place of waterfront
- Campfire songs
- "Cabin" teams
- A new theme
- Teen counselors leading the event
- Lunch provided every day
- and most importantly, AN IN-PERSON EVENT WHERE THINGS CAN FEEL SLIGHTLY NORMAL AGAIN!
These details may change slightly, but we're confident that most aspects will be possible in June. Please let me know if you have any questions!
Butte County 4-H