Gas Main Replacement - Michigan, Chestnut to Cedar
Peoples Gas continues it's gas main replacement on the west side of Michigan Avenue, from Chestnut to Cedar. Work hours may vary throughout the project, but are currently anticipated to be 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
All openings will be covered and secured during non-work hours. This portion of the gas main replacement is expected to last 3-6 weeks.
Gas Main Replacement - Michigan, Monroe to Lake
On Monday, February 7, Peoples Gas will begin a gas main replacement on the west side of Michigan Avenue, from Monroe to Lake. Work hours will be 9am-4pm.
This project is expected to be completed in July 2022 (weather dependent).
Crane Lift: 320 South Canal Street
Stevenson Crane was hired to set glass on 320 S Canal Street. This job will take 17 days (1/17/22 – 2/8/22) to complete and work hours are 8am-4pm. They will not work weekends.
During the lift, the following will be closed:
- Sidewalk on the west side of Canal, from Van Buren to Jackson
- Curb lane and one traffic lane on the west side of Canal, from Van Buren to Jackson
One-way northbound traffic will be maintained on Canal throughout the lift. There will be flaggers and barricades in-place as well. At night, the cranes will be barricaded off.
On Monday, February 7, Chicago Med will be filming inside Proxi at 565 W. Randolph Street. During the filming, parking at the following locations will be prohibited:
- East Side of N Jefferson St from W Washington Blvd to W Randolph St (2/7 at 5am to 2/8 at 3pm)
- South Side of W Randolph St from N Jefferson St to N Clinton St (2/7 at 5am to 2/8 at 3pm)
- North Side of W Randolph St from N Jefferson St to N Clinton St (2/7 at 5am to 11pm)
- South Side of W Randolph St from N Des Plaines St to N Jefferson St (2/7 at 5am to 11pm)
- East Side of N Jefferson St from W Randolph St to W Lake St (2/7 at 5am to 11pm)
- West Side of N Jefferson St from W Washington Blvd to W Randolph St (2/7 at 5am to 11pm)
- West Side of N Clinton St from W Randolph St to W Lake St (2/7 at 5am to 11pm)
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Oscar Montesdeoca (On-site Coordinator) at 773-372-4989.
On Monday, February 7, Chicago PD plans to film a scene in Millennium Park & Maggie Daley Park. This is a police foot chase scene. There will not be any special effects or noteworthy noise.
During the filming, parking will be prohibited at the following locations:
- South side of Randolph from Columbus Drive to Harbor Drive
- East side of Upper N Columbus Drive from Randolph to E South Water Street
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Patrick Muldoon (Location Manager) at 773-277-8044.
214 West Erie Street Renovations
On Monday, December 13, Crane Construction began renovations of 214 West Erie Street. During construction, the following will be closed:
- Sidewalk/curb lane in front of 214 West Erie Street. The curb lane will be used as a pedestrian walkway. Crane Construction will place jersey barriers and ramps in the curb lane to protect pedestrians and provide wheelchair access.
- Close 100' of the north/south alley adjacent to 214 W Erie Street. This is a T alley and residents of 222 W Erie will still be able to access their parking garage from the alley entrance on Franklin and Huron.
This project is expected to be completed summer of 2022 (weather dependent).
LG Construction: 751 N. Hudson and 451 W Chicago
LG Construction has recently broke ground at 751 N. Hudson Avenue and 451 W. Chicago Avenue, which are adjacent parcels. Work hours will be 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
Throughout the project, the following will be closed:
- Sidewalk/curb lane/traffic lane of the east side of Hudson, from Chicago to the first alley south thereof
- Sidewalk/curb lane/traffic lane on the west side of Sedgwick, from Chicago to the first alley south thereof
- Sidewalk/curb lane on the south side of Chicago, from Hudson to Sedgwick
There will be a protected pedestrian walkway in the curb lane on the south side of Chicago Avenue, from Hudson Avenue to Sedgwick Street.
This project is expected to take 18 months to complete (weather dependent).
354 North Union Construction
The Onni Group is constructing a 33 story residential building with 373 units. Work hours will be 8am-8pm, daily.
Parking will be prohibited on North Union, from West Kinzie to the cul-de-sac west thereof throughout the project. All construction equipment and vehicles will be staged on the Onni Group’s property. This project will take approximately two years to complete.
430 N. Michigan Lobby Renovation
Starting in mid-September, GNP Realty Partners will be renovating the lobby at 430 N. Michigan Avenue. Throughout the project, there will be a 40’ urban canopy on the sidewalk in front of the building. In order to place the canopy on the sidewalk, the planter bed and City Information Panel (CIP) at this location will be temporarily removed. Both the planter bed and CIP will be reinstalled upon completion of the project.
The project is expected to be completed in March 2022.
South Water Street Viaduct Replacement
In March 2021, the Chicago Department of Transportation began demolition of the South Water Street Viaduct, between Lower Beaubien Court and Stetson Street. Work hours are 8am-8pm, daily.
As of May 10, vehicular and pedestrian access will be prohibited on the Upper and Lower levels of South Water Street, between Lower Beaubien Court and North Stetson Street. There will be barricades and detour signs in-place throughout the duration of the project.
This project is expected to be completed in July 2022 (weather dependent).
Renovations at the Chicago Cultural Center, 78 East Washington Street
On February 15, the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) began renovating the Grand Army of the Republic Rotunda and Hall at the Cultural Center, located at 78 East Washington Street. Throughout the project, DCASE will be using the Cultural Centers loading zone at 129 North Garland Court as storage for the project and to place their construction dumpster.
On Monday, April 19, canopies will be installed at the following locations:
- South side of Randolph, from Michigan to a point 50' west thereof
- West side of Michigan, from Randolph to a point 75' south thereof
The project is expected to be completed February 2022.
Overnight Parking Ban Downtown
Until further notice, overnight parking will be restricted on the following streets during the weekend:
- Both sides of Oak, between Michigan and Clark
- South side of Oak, between LaSalle and Wells
- Both sides of Chicago, between Michigan and Wells
- Both sides of Ohio, between Michigan and Wells
- Both sides of Hubbard, between Michigan and Wells
- North side of Illinois, between Dearborn and Clark
- Both sides of Illinois, between Wabash and Dearborn
- Both sides of Rush, between Grand and Ohio
- Both sides of Rush, between Erie and Oak
- Both sides of Wabash, between the Chicago River and Grand
- Both sides of State, between Kinzie and Oak
- Both sides of Erie, from Rush to Wells
- Both sides of Huron from Rush to Dearborn
- Both sides of New Street, from Illinois to North Water
- Both sides of Columbus Drive, from Monroe to Balbo
- North side of Wacker Drive, from Wabash to Michigan
- North side of Wacker Drive, from Franklin to Columbus
- Both sides of Wacker Drive, from State to Wabash
- Both sides of Stetson, from Randolph to Wacker
- Both sides of Columbus Drive, from Randolph to Wacker
- Both sides of Beaubien Court, from Randolph to Lake
- Both sides of Randolph, from Harbor to Michigan
- Both sides of Ohio, from Michigan to Fairbanks
- West side of Larrabee, from Erie to Huron
As always, please make sure to read all posted signage before parking your vehicle downtown.