Each of these plans involve extensive details pertaining to student safety, social and emotional support, and expectations for student learning. We have been in dialogue with other districts throughout DuPage County to achieve a measure of consistency with regards to these potential scenarios. If in the coming weeks it appears most likely that plans B or C will be necessary, we will be convening a committee of CCSD93 teachers and other staff members to review and contribute to our plans so that we are as prepared as possible to best serve the families and students of our community.
The details of each scenario will continue to be developed and updated as the Governor's Restore Illinois plan continues to progress and as we receive further guidance. CCSD93 will continue to adhere to any mandates and give strong consideration to recommendations and suggestions from the state, ISBE, and IDPH.
We know that none of these scenarios are ideal, and we understand that plans B and C will be difficult for many of our families. Please know we will continue to do our best to support all families while fulfilling our Mission of maximizing the academic, social, and emotional potential of each student. As of now, regardless of which scenario is chosen for the start of 2020-21, we do plan to return on our currently scheduled first day of school, August 17, 2020. No matter what, we will reach out to you via call, text, email, and app push as early as possible with details on which plan is chosen and whether the start date is delayed.
Thank you for your continued support as we overcome these circumstances together.