Aside from Diabetes, Heart Disease and Cancer there are many other problems that sugar can promote when in excess!
Here are 5 things excessive sugar (glucose) can cause you might not think about:
- Candida -- a horrible mess of a gut yeast that causes a host of problems, namely, weight gain.
- Depression -- this is called the "depressed brain syndrome" (Dr. Mark Hyman)
- Eye problems -- like cataracts and nearsightedness
- Vitamin E deficiency -- not good, Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant
- Cholesterol -- can raise the bad (LDL) and lower the good (HDL)
- I could list another 70+ issues how excessive sugar consumption can ruin our health but I will stick with these 5 for today.
Contributed by Nancy Appleton, Ph.D
Author of the book Lick The Sugar Habit