5 Tips to Creating Effective Content
Why is Content Necessary?
Content marketing is now THE most effective way to attract clients. Social Media Examiner reports that 70% of consumers believe that companies that provide custom content are sincerely interested in building a relationship. 78% of consumers prefer to get to know a company through articles rather than ads.
Tips to Creating Effective Content
- Don't Sell. Your topics should be subjects that help your clients or prospects in their business AND should showcase your expertise in those areas.
- Optimize copy for search engines. It's increasingly difficult to show up in search results, but almost impossible if you are not strategic in the use of key terms for which your prospects or customers are likely to search. Consider Google Ads to improve your position in searches.
- Try social media platform ads. Consider testing Facebook, Instagram Twitter or LinkedIn ads. For $500, you can get a feel for which platform may be more effective for you.
- Tell a story. Or make the content as interesting as possible. If the visitor has clicked on your content, they're probably really interested in the subject. Tell them something they don't already know, and make it as interesting as possible.
- It may be okay to be controversial. (I'm not talking about politics!) If there is a commonly-held belief in your industry that you disagree with, or if you have a better way of doing something, this might be content that would capture interest.
One litmus test is to offer your customers and prospects the type of content that YOU like to read. Keep in mind that content should
educate, entertain or engage
and you'll be on your way!