5 ways to reconnect with others
by Allie Christison,
Member Services Representative,
York Branch YMCA
It's hard to stay connected with people, even in the age of technology. COVID made staying connected even harder. I know I found myself feeling very disconnected from not only my family, but my friends as well, as the pandemic restricted my ability to see those I care about. But my friends and family and I found a way to make sure we were still able to talk frequently. I found myself looking forward to the weekly movie dates my sisters and I would have from our respective homes via Zoom.
Staying connected with those your care about is possible, it's even possible to reconnect with those you don't talk to frequently. I reconnected with a friend I hadn't spoken to in nearly 3 years via Twitter and now we talk almost daily! Here are 5 ways to reconnect with others.
- Do themed Zoom calls and play games with each theme.
- Take 20 minutes to call (or text) a person you haven't talked to in a few months to catch up.
- Organize a hike on a local hiking trail or even a walk around the neighborhood.
- Have a movie date over Zoom via screen-sharing.
- Send a postcard to a friend who lives far away.