In these challenging times when stress and tension is high we sometimes lash out and get into confrontations and conflicts with others.
Furthermore, we must understand that most confrontations that come from conflicts are not about the issues but by emotional entanglement.
Here are 5 things to consider when you are engaged in a conflict:
* Conflicts are a normal and healthy part of life. Since they will occur, what is most important is how we understand, resolve, and learn from them.
* Some conflicts can be avoided entirely or kept from escalating. The more we understand our own style and attitudes about conflict and their causes, the fewer the occasions when conflicts may occur.
* Some conflicts are minor and should be resolved after the critical ones. In other words, don't sweat the small stuff.
* There does not have to be a loser in a conflict. Develop a win-win mentality. There are techniques that can be used to work through a conflict successfully so everyone is a winner.
* We can and must learn from our conflicts. If conflicts are going to happen whether or not they are beyond our control, then we might as well learn from each one and apply that knowledge in the future.
If you want to discuss solutions to get along better with customers, co-workers, employees or stakeholders, I am always happy to have a 1 to 1 virtual meeting by zoom (free). If interested, please reply to this email or call me at 703-869-1881 or email@example.com - Also ask about our tailored online programs.
I'd love to talk with you!
703-255-3133 or cell - 703-869-1881
Do you want to start, build and grow your own speaking, training and coaching business? Check out: