Choosing ESD flooring
Yes, the primary purpose of ESD flooring is to minimize the static electricity in the workplace. While that’s a key criterion, there are others that companies considering new or replacing old ESD flooring should consider:
- Down time – how much production time will be lost due to replacement/installation?
- Maintenance – Will the floor be easy to maintain? Or will it require excessive manpower? Or, worse, will it have less of a lifespan because it’s not easy to clean?
- Transportability – Can your ESD flooring be moved from one location to another or is permanently affixed to the floor?
- Green? – What’s the flooring made of? Does it require adhesives that possess potentially damaging chemicals?
- Manufacturer – How long has the manufacturer been producing ESD flooring? Is it their primary product? How are they viewed in the industry?
- Cost – Is the flooring competitively priced? If it’s more than you budgeted, why?
StaticStop designed our ESD flooring with all these criteria in mind. It passed our test, but will it pass yours? Please call 508-583-3200 for more information or to order samples.