- Six awards will be presented at the AZHCC’s 63rd Annual Black & White Ball and Business Awards, including the rare Advocate of the Year that has only been awarded twice before in the history of the event.
- High-resolution headshots and full bios available upon request
The honorees listed below will be recognized at the Chamber’s formal gala on Saturday, May 7, 2022, at the Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, 8000 Arizona Grand Pkwy, Phoenix, AZ 85044.
This year’s theme is ‘Noche de Comedia (Comedy Night)’, and will be emceed by Letitia Frye, America’s foremost “Auctiontainer.” Attendees will enjoy a night of laughter provided by renowned comedian, Paul Rodriguez, and other special guests.
"The awardees represent the best of Arizona and their work in our community is a testament to all that we can accomplish together.” said Mónica Villalobos, President & CEO.
The AZHCC will present awards in six total categories:
• Entrepreneur of the Year – Lorena Valencia, Founder and CEO, Fizz Technologies
• Woman of the Year – Lori Higuera, Assistant General Counsel, Freeport-McMoRan
• Man of the Year – Ricardo Carlo, President, Associated Minority Contractors of Arizona (AMCA)
• Corporation of the Year – Arizona Coyotes
• Advocate of the Year – Vince Roig, Founding Chairman, Helios Education Foundation
• Legacy – Tony Astorga, Owner/Principal, AZTOR Health Management Strategic Advisors | Retired SVP & CFO, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
Historically, about 1,200 Arizona business and community leaders attend the event, which honors the achievement of Arizona entrepreneurs, business leaders and individuals who have contributed to the state’s social progress and economic prosperity. The event also features an elegant dinner, live entertainment, luxury raffle prizes, and the annual business awards presentation.
While this is the 63rd year for the event, the Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce has been playing an important role in the state's business community for over 70 years by promoting economic development, entrepreneurship, and representing the interests of the state’s more than 150,000 Hispanic-owned businesses, a majority of which are owned by Latinos.
For more event information and current sponsorship opportunities visit our website at www.azhcc.com. For questions on how to purchase individual tickets, tables, or sponsorships please contact Director of Programs, Elizabeth Flores at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602.294.6081.