Announcing . . . Kabbalat Shabbat in the Parking Lot – Friday, September 11.
While much of our Task Force’s time has been spent figuring out how to get back into the shul for Shabbat services, we are also looking at other ways we can get together. In our recent survey, many of you commented that you would like us to investigate alternative venues like the Biblical Garden or the CBS parking lot.
We are happy to announce that we will hold a Kabbalat Shabbat service in the parking lot this coming Friday, beginning at 6:30pm.
We still haven’t reached our goals for being able to hold services in the sanctuary, but based on the latest medical guidance (and assuming nothing changes for the worse between now and Friday), we have concluded that we can safely conduct services outdoors with the following protocols:
- Pre-registration is required.
- Each adult in attendance must sign and return an Acknowledgement and Waiver form.
- Everyone must maintain social distancing of six feet or more.
- Masks must be worn at all times when you are not in your own car. No breathing valves, please, as these don’t provide full protection.
Singing will be allowed.
- Attendees must park as directed by our security personnel. We will only be using every other space in the lot.
You are welcome to stay in your air conditioned car and listen to the service on your car radio or bring a chair and sit in the empty space next to your car (on the Harn Boulevard side). And you are welcome to hang around afterwards and schmooze with your friends (as long as you maintain that six foot social distance and keep your mask on).
If you are unable to join us in the parking lot, please join us via Zoom. This will be our first time broadcasting from the parking lot, so please bear with us if we experience any technical difficulties.
After the service, we will be evaluating how it went and whether we need to make any changes, so please give us your feedback.
For full information, necessary documents and to register to attend, please visit the Re-Entry page on the CBS website.
Re-Entry Task Force Chair