900 South Construction Update | August 20, 2019*
- People are now driving along the north side of 900 South, on the newly completed section of the pavement, between 1100 East and 1300 East.
- Faculty, students, and bus drivers can now access the south entrance into East High School’s parking lot.
- This traffic switch will allow crews to begin excavation activities this week along the south side of 900 South between 1100 East and 1300 East.
- During this phase, crews will also reconstruct curb, gutter, drive approaches and repair sidewalk panels as needed within this same segment. Construction staff on the field will inform residents individually about driveway closure timing, construction and curing of their drive approaches.
- Crews will continue to restore disturbed landscaping areas as they continue to complete these concrete elements throughout the project. Completion of these items within this segment is expected in late-September.
- Early this week, crews completed the removal of old buried train tracks and the installation of a storm drain along the north side of the roundabout at 1100 East. Next week, they will begin to install a storm drain along the south side of this intersection also.
- The northern half of the roundabout is expected to be complete in late-September.
- Early next week (Monday, Sep. 26 – Tuesday, Sep. 27), expect a flagging operation along 900 South near 1100 East to allow crews to upgrade the underground sewer line during regular working hours.
- A two-night closure is also being considered at this location to expedite the completion of this activity and minimize travel delays during the day.
- A new concrete path merging the westbound bike lane with the McClelland Trail by the northeast side of the 900 South and McClelland Street intersection will be poured today.
- This merging access ramp will cure and be completed by the end of this week.
- The project is currently 45% finished.
*Construction schedule is subject to change due to weather or unforeseen circumstances.
Travel Safety Reminders
- People walking across 900 South are reminded that the only two designated crosswalks within the work zone are currently located at McClelland Street and 1200 East.
- The westbound bus stop at Contender Bicycles was upgraded and is now in service.
- If you see construction or city personnel parking their vehicles in parking stalls designated for customers, please call us so we can remind them again to park somewhere else.
To stay informed email the word “Updates,” or follow us on social media to see posts about our progress using the #900SouthSLC hashtag.
- Civic Engagement Specialist: Adan Carrillo (801) 535-6251
- Project Manager: Eric Casperson (801) 535-7995
- Project Planner: Tom Millar (801) 535-6134
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.slc.gov/mystreet