900 South Construction Update | September 18, 2019*
- Excavation activities have begun from 950 East to McClelland Street along the south side of 900 South.
- Paving activities between 1100 East and 1300 East concluded yesterday, September 17.
- Once the concrete cures next week, crews will shift traffic to the south side of 900 South and include a possible center turn lane to allow for left turns towards northbound 1300 East.
- This traffic switch will also allow crews to make some repairs to the water line that services East High School.
- Construction activities to erect the wall around the roundabout at 1000 East will begin this week.
- Later this week, crews will being trail excavation, curb removal, and the reconstruction of drive approaches between 950 East and McClelland Street.
- Crews will contact property owners individually to communicate the exact timing prior to the reconstruction of their driveway approaches.
- Paving activities around the north side of the roundabout are planned to begin the week of September 30.
- Crews will continue to maintain the asphalt patch around the south side of the roundabout until paving along the north side is complete and traffic is shifted to travel on the new concrete pavement.
- Paving activities at the south side of the 1200 East intersection will begin during the week of September 23.
- This portion of the work at this intersection is expected to be completed by the first week in October.
- The project is now 55% percent complete.
- Faster progress will be made now that most underground utility work activities are complete.
- The project will be completed this construction season; our goal is prior to Thanksgiving.
*Construction schedule is subject to change due to weather or unforeseen circumstances.
To stay informed email the word “Updates,” or follow us on social media to see posts about our progress using the #900SouthSLC hashtag.