Upcoming Event June 12th-TALK's 4th Annual CyberSecurity Summit.
It's Virtual & It's Free. Register Today! It's Not Too Late!
News of the Week:
There’s no time like the present to do some cybersecurity training that will give you steps for prevention and preparedness in your remote work and onsite needs.
The 4th Annual TALK CyberSecurity Summit will be held virtually this year and at no cost in this time of COVID-19 crisis. Cybersecurity attacks are on the rise, especially during this crisis, so the topics are relevant and timely to your business health, whether working remotely, in a manufacturing plant, or in an office setting.
We have brought together experts that will give you a wide perspective of today’s current events, and playbooks on what they do and what you could do in the event of an attack, or as a precaution.
Date & Time
Friday, June 12, 2020, 8:30 AM to 4 PM
Online in Zoom & Live Streaming on
our TALK Facebook page
(see Technology Association of Louisville KY)
FREE; Registration for Zoom Sessions on Eventbrite.
See hotlinks for each session in the schedule below to register.
Must register for each session.
Or see live streaming–Facebook Live on June 12th on the
TALK Facebook page
All Working Tech & Business Professionals and College-Age Students
Here’s the Program:
(Breakout Rooms –30 Minutes after Welcome)
Kathie Miley, Chief Member Experience Officer of The Cybersecurity Collaborative,
will present with a client on the the value and structure of its organization and its partnership with tech councils and other cyber groups across the nation. She will present with
Annette Harris from Jefferson County Public Schools,
a user of the platform.
1 PM Topic:
An Audience Interactive Discussion: “An Ounce of Prevention” Discussion
will be around network segmentation, end user management, and incident response planning and more.
Da-Wyone Haynes, Cyber Product Owner, Custom Data Solution–Data Analytics and Monitoring, Aegon Global Technology Operations with Dawn Yankeelov, Executive Director, Technology Association of Louisville Kentucky.
2 PM Topic:
“Today’s Ransomware & Where to Go From Here” A Government Panel
Explaining How We Protect Our Governments, and What Agencies Can Help Corporations With Counsel.
Klint Walker, US Department of Homeland Security, CyberAdvisory Program For Our Region; James Meece, Chief Information Security Officer, Louisville Metro Government; and David Carter, KY CISO, KY Office of Technology
After much advocacy by businesses across the country, President Trump has signed a bill that includes key changes to the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) to
grant more flexibility
for businesses to meet the program’s repayment requirements. Key changes include:
- the 8-week period that businesses have to restore staffing levels to pre-pandemic levels is expanded to the earlier of 24 weeks or December 31, 2020;
- the rule that businesses must spend 75 percent of their loan on payroll has been changed to 60 percent. The remaining 40 percent can be spent on other forgivable expenses without reducing the forgivable amount of the loan;
- loan terms extended from two years to five years;
- program availability is extended from June 30, 2020, to December 30, 2020;
- clarification on the ability of PPP recipients to take advantage of employer-side payroll tax deferrals established in the CARES Act.
Isn't it time to officially join TALK, your independent, non-profit, employer-led tech council?
Go to our website and join for $300
for company or $99 per individual and start making a difference in your tech community.