As the Coronavirus continues to impact the way we go about our daily lives, NHN continues our efforts to serve our clients as an essential organization observing all CDC guidelines. The Board implemented processes addressing the safety of our clients and volunteers early on and continue to stay informed regarding the progress of the pandemic. Listed are the changes made and a numbers report:
- Food Warehouse Update: We continue our service to clients with our drive-up distribution of food, eliminating any close contact. All baskets are being filled by our volunteers inside the warehouse. Clients are driving up and loading food in their cars. We are operating under our normal hours 9:00- 12:00.
- Food Kitchens: Remain closed until further notice.
- Food Warehouse Volunteers: We are continuing to serve within the following parameters: (a) If you are scheduled to volunteer, please be assured we are observing all the CDC guidelines for social distancing, sanitizing, and use of masks and gloves to minimize risk. (b) If you are scheduled to volunteer and do not feel comfortable, please contact Garry.
- Social Media Connection: Please visit us on our Facebook page for any updates and announcements.
- Community Impact: With the unemployment rate rising daily, we will all experience the impact through loved ones, friends, and neighbors being furloughed from their jobs. Please spread the word that NHN Food Warehouse is still operating the 1st & 3rd Saturdays of each month.