Beloved in Christ,
This Sunday you’re invited for “A Conversation with the Rector & Wardens” during the Forum – at 10:15 am, in the Great Hall. We are eager to share news and progress reports on a variety of topics pertaining to our common life and we are eager to hear from you.
At the top of our Agenda ~
1. The vestry has adopted
new statements of our mission, values, and vision.
These were developed by the Vision, Mission, & Strategic Planning Task Force over the course of many months’ of listening and prayer, gathering ideas from you, and demographics from St. Columba’s and beyond. The next step – to be addressed in coming months – is to determine specific strategies that will help us realize this new vision. I encourage you to read the
Statements of Mission, Values and Vision
, as well as the
Task Force's report
Special thanks to the Task Force: Patty Jensen and Josh Wilson, co-chairs, with Dick Dowd, David Fahrenthold, Susan Gray, and Elizabeth Vaden. The vestry has appointed a new Task Force to do the next phase of
: Susan Gray and Steve Smith, co-chairs, with Patty Jensen, Fletcher Jones, Lauralyn Lee, and Josh Wilson. The work of the Outreach Vision Task Force will be integrated during this stage of the process.
2. Update on our
with treasurer, Tim Massad.
3. Update on the search/transition for a new
director of youth ministry.
Please mark your calendars:
- Continuing the Conversation on Safety and Hospitality – facilitated by Ledlie on Sun., May 19, 12:30 - 2:30 pm, and/or Tues., May 21, 7-9 pm.
- Godspeed to Catherine Outten Olivo on Sun., May 26, her last official Sunday as director of youth ministry.
- Pentecost & Columba Day on Sun., June 9, when Bishop Mariann Budde will be here to celebrate and share a great brunch with us.
- Godspeed to Pattie Ames on Sun., June 16, her last Sunday with us as director of children's ministry.
This is all part of what it means to be the church – dreams, plans, prayers, budgets, hard conversations, celebrations, transitions – gathering as the body of Christ, seeking to live God’s love. We look forward to being together with you – this Sunday and beyond.