I want to assure everyone that I am staying updated on the progression of the Coronavirus in our area. In order to keep our community safe, we are taking every available measure to stop the spread of the virus locally.
What you need to know:
- Governor Cuomo has ordered all bars and restaurants to close to the public, and only operate take-out and delivery.
- All gyms, including the Kingston YMCA, will be closed after 8pm tonight.
- We will be suspending parking enforcement in the City of Kingston and will be bagging the meters.
- The Kingston hospital will be closed to visitors
- City Court is closing. Essential court work will be consolidated to the County Courthouse
- Cuomo has also ordered that all local governments operate at 50% of their workforce with only essential personnel reporting to work. Please stay tuned as to how this will affect City services.
Beginning on Wednesday, March 18, Kingston City School District will provide free to-go breakfast and lunches for KCSD students Monday-Friday from 11am-1pm. Meals will be distributed via walk-up or drive through at John F. Kennedy Elementary School and J. Watson Bailey Middle School.
The County's COVID-19 phone service is available from 9:00am to 7:00pm everyday: 845-443-8888. For other questions, call the
NYSDOH Hotline 24/7: 1-888-364-3065.
I will be going live on Radio Kingston each afternoon as the situation changes and develops to provide updates and to answer listener call-in questions. Timing may change each day based on incoming information, so stay tuned.
We are asking everyone to abide by the guidelines of staying home if you are sick, distancing yourself from others even if you are well, and washing hands and surfaces often. For the sake of yourself and your community, stay safe and take good care!