To Our Family of Donors, John Muir Health Friends and Supporters,
In my role, I sit at the interface of where the John Muir Health system meets our community. In my work, I have noticed and I have experienced a
contagion that precedes COVID-19.
The origins of this contagion come from the evolution of this health system and this virus is rooted in the RNA of John Muir Health. This contagion is much bigger and more widespread th
n COVID-19. This contagion has spread throughout our community and throughout our region for much longer than COVID-19. It
ffects us mentally, emotionally and physically.
This contagion is
It spreads through acts of caring and acts of kindness.
- how we care for each other
- how we care for our patients
- how we care for our community
The symptoms of this contagion are expressed back to us from our patients and the community.
- financial contributions
- food contributions
- equipment contributions
- PPE supplies:
- banners & ice sculptures in front of the hospital
- cards, letters, emails & notes
- chalk pictures on our sidewalks celebrating our healthcare hero’s
- expressions of relief in the faces of patients that JMH is here, functioning and robust
COVID-19 has created an awareness in our community of an even bigger contagion—
— it has been around much longer, it runs much deeper and it is part of who we are
Thank you for your compassion, your care, and your generous support of John Muir Health.