Staff is gearing up for summer and the opening up of the lake.
Geoff Lizotte will be attending a GIS course this month, and
after attending five workshops starting last fall about stormwater systems, hydrology and erosion control, Geoff has earned a Stormwater Management Certificate from UNH.
May is always an exceptionally busy month for the LSPA Educators!
This month we will be
* discussing properties of water at the 2019 Drinking Water Festival
* doing a play with 4th graders on the glacial formation of Lake Sunapee
* introducing Beaver Engineering tactics to 4th graders
* offering an erosion activity and macroinvertebrate study at an Environmental Camp
* exploring at The Fells with school groups
* identifying macroinvertebrates at KRMS
* investigating pond life and insects with 1st and 2nd graders
* continuing to do our regular monthly programs with preschools and homeschoolers