My husband and I took a fun trip to NYC several weeks ago, for which I am very grateful. I don't know about you, but I still marvel that I can fly across this expansive country and gaze down upon the majestic mountains, rivers, and fields.
I'm bamboozled it's already November. With Veteran's Day around the corner and Thanksgiving only weeks away, the word Gratitude comes to mind. I am grateful to our veterans, to live in freedom, and for you, my dear reader, who encourages me. Without you there would be no reason to write! Extra kudos to those who have left online reviews. Thank you!
Just thinking about Thanksgiving dinner makes me hungry for something warm and satisfying. But I try to avoid sweets - except dark chocolate.
An easy and healthy side-dish I love to prepare this time of year is Oven Roasted Vegetables. They go with pretty much any meal and leftovers can be tossed into homemade soup or salads.
Prep Time: 10 mins -- Cook Time: 15 mins -- Total Time: 25 mins
* Fresh broccoli florets
* 1 small butternut or yellow squash, seeded and chopped
* Zucchini, sliced and quartered
* Brussels sprouts, cut in half
* 1 red onion, chopped
* Diced or sliced carrots, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, or any veggie you might like
* 2 Tablespoons olive oil
* Salt, freshly ground black pepper and your favorite seasonings, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray or line a baking dish with parchment paper.
3. Place a single layer of vegetables in the baking dish and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and your favorite seasonings, to taste.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until tender. (Baking time may vary depending on the size of your vegetables).
Please enter to win this delightful Amish-made Quillow (opens out to 40 inches x 60 inches) from Lancaster County, plus one of my signed books: either
An Amish Christmas Kitchen
Starting from Scratch
A Letter from Lancaster County
; or one of 3 books from
The Legacy of Lancaster County Trilogy
, its sequel,
A Portrait of Marguerite
Winner has three days to respond. US and Canada only.
PS: To unsubscribe, click SafeUnsubscribe at the bottom of this newsletter.
Well written book that is rich in character depth and very heartwarming. Kate Lloyd's books will keep you up at night. Not snoozers.
- Karen V., 5-star review