Near Future at Menorah Park
Nothing can replace a hug, a kiss or a gentle touch. Every day our staff is doing their absolute best to ease the emotional toll that the restricted visitor policy is taking on our residents. Syracuse Jewish Family Service, along with our clinical staff, have helped tremendously as they work to keep residents in regular contact (by phone or video) with their loved ones. It was extremely disheartening to learn that we may not be reopening to visitors in the near future.
But while we wait for guidance from the State and County Health Departments, we continue to work towards that
future, when we can welcome back our families and visitors.
I also wanted to take this time to share with you what Menorah Park will look like in that near future.
Thanks to the incredible generosity of our donors and the community, you will see:
- Our refreshed Welcome Center, where families and visitors connect and enjoy one another
- New equipment to safely transfer residents while preventing injury to staff
- State-of-the-art rehabilitation equipment
- Enhanced gardens for everyone to enjoy
- Expanded menus offering a variety of delicious options for residents
- Renovated dining rooms that offer more space and comfort
- Reinforced main entrance to include tempered glass, new sliding doors and an access control system for the security and safety of our residents.
I want to thank all our families and our community for your unwavering support and understanding during this difficult time. As always, please do not hesitate to contact me at (315) 446-9111, ext.114 or by
, if you have any questions or concerns.
Be well and stay safe.