Dear sponsors and supporters,
Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I value your partnership and have no fear God will remain faithful to you and to this ministry.
I find it necessary to share with you the summary of the current status of the ministry during the global health threat from the outbreak of the Coronavirus. Personally, I was in the United States recently and cut my trip short due to this pandemic.
We are thankful that at the moment there are no COVID-19 cases among our sponsored children and staff in Uganda. As a ministry we have put in place preventive measures to keep the children we serve free from exposure to the COVID-19 virus. Our schools and the ABIDE program will be closed until April 20th in response to the Uganda presidential directive to prevent the transmission of the virus. During this time, our staff will closely monitor any developments among our sponsored children.
Juna Amagara Ministries remains open for operations and the senior staff will help the staff to identify assignments that can be carried out from home and provide critical support to the children we serve. As usual during breaks, we provide housing for children who have no parent or guardian and will do this during the school closing.
Our medical team is on the ground and is prepared to respond to any emergency cases, not only to JAM children and guardians but to the entire communities.
I invite you to join with us in prayer that:
- God will shield our children and their families from COVID-19 virus.
- Parents and guardians will be able to provide spiritual, emotional and physical support to the children during this time.
- JAM staff will be safe and encouraged to keep serving the children during this difficult time.
- God will grant safety to our JAM sponsors and supporters.
- God will protect our medical team and provide the critical medical resources that are in low supply.
- The ministry will continue to be provided with the resources required to serve our kids and others during in this difficult time.
As the next few weeks unfold, we will provide you with updates on the ministry, the children and how you can support us.
Herbert Ainamani (PhD)
Chief Executive Officer