All of us at ESD are deeply committed to serving our members in these unchartered times. Our thoughts go out to everyone affected by this crisis. As we continue to monitor news about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the health and well-being of our staff, members and associates is our main concern. As an organization, we are taking the following steps to protect everyone:
ESD will continue to operate during this situation; however, our office w
ill be closed to outside visitors until further notice. Staff will be working from home and can be reached via their office numbers and email addresses. Any messages left will be returned promptly. A listing of staff and their contact information can be found
Any meetings that were scheduled by outside associates or by ESD to be held at our office have been cancelled or changed to a conference call.
ESD PROGRAMS AND EVENTS
FE and PE Review Course Classes
– Classes have transitioned to an online platform.
Gold Award Reception
– The reception has been postponed. We will reevaluate in April. Those who were registered will be notified when a decision to reschedule is made.
Engineers Get Hired
– The April 27 hiring event has been rescheduled for October 2.
DTE/ESD Michigan Energy Efficiency Conference and Exhibition
- The May 5 conference will be rescheduled in the fall.
Annual Golf Outing and ESD Annual Dinner
- The dates of our June events
will be reevaluated in April.
ESD's 125th Anniversary Celebration Events
- As we look forward to ESD turning 125 in May, we will hold off planning these events until it's safe to schedule large group gatherings.
We will continue to update you with any new information surrounding our programs and services.
If you have any membership challenges, please do not hesitate to reach out to ESD's membership director, Heather Lilley, at email@example.com or 248-353-0735, ext. 120.
We appreciate your continued support. Thank you for being an ESD Member.
The Engineering Society of Detroit
248-353-0735, ext. 119
p.s. Our friends at Blue Cross have developed a “Navigating Coronavirus” webinar to help us navigate the impact of COVID-19, including prevention measures, coverage and benefits, and care
of the presentation, as well as the