Blink a light outside your home, or a light that can be seen by others outside for 1 minute. The campaign will run until Governor Baker reverses our state of emergency (as the days grow longer we'll be in touch to push back the time.) Thank you for spreading the light and hope.
Other prevention strategies continue to be:
- Personal Hygiene: washing your hands; cover your mouth when you cough
- Physical Distancing: please remain in your homes with your family as much as you can; only do essentials - food, fresh air for exercise
- Knowing the symptoms: fever, dry cough and fatigue - if so call your PCP and please and stay home.
- Being kind: kindness is also contagious
- Dispelling myths: be sure to forward messages with the correct information to friends and family
- Taking action on advocacy and donating where resources are needed: this will help your morale and those most in need.
Jessica Collins, Executive Director
Public Health Institute of Western Massachusetts