2021! Happy New Year!
Thank you for the warm welcome as I stepped into the President's role in April. I am honored and very grateful to have this opportunity to make a difference in our KAD community as we aim to DNA test and reunite every Korean.
Ready to say goodbye to 2020 and welcome in the new year, hoping for brighter days ahead?? Well, 2020 was actually an incredible year for 325KAMRA! According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, incredible is defined as "too extraordinary and improbable to be believed." Has this not been true?!
Despite it all, 325KAMRA rode the wave of unexpected changes that came our way and continued planing and moving forward with our mission:
- Safe DNA testing events in Copenhagen, Brussels, and Daegu.
- Increased DNA kit requests and birth family confirmations.
- Successful family reunions that averaged just about every few weeks, ranging from the quick DNA matches as new members appeared within our project to others involved with our search angels.
Together At Last - a collection of DNA reunion stories - was compiled, published, and is for sale in paperback https://www.325kamra.org/ or as an ebook on Amazon Kindle.
- We had several media interview requests over the year to share our mission.
So, yes, it was a super INCREDIBLE year!
And we have more announcements!
Request a free DNA kit directly from 325KAMRA
The DNA kits we offer are FTDNA kits courtesy of the T&W Foundation. Now requests are made directly to DNAkitrequest@325kamra.org.
Everyone is a member, effective January 1, 2021
No dues required!
- If you have previously received a free DNA kit through the courtesy of T&W Foundation, KAA, or 325KAMRA, or will receive a free DNA kit through 325KAMRA, or you have uploaded your DNA results to FTDNA and joined our project on FTDNA (tinyurl.com/325KAMRA), YOU ARE A MEMBER OF 325KAMRA!
- As a member, you can access all the info and suggestions we offer for birth searching and DNA matches through our various Facebook Groups.
- Effective January 1, 2021, $80 provides direct assistance from the 325KAMRA Search Angels to help locate birth family for one year. (We offer search angel assistance with DNA matches of 200 cMs or more.)
- What if you’ve already paid for a membership in 2020? Or if you’ve previously paid for a lifetime membership? We will honor your paid membership. You are grandfathered in for your term. No worries.
Our new website will be launching in Q1
- It will be a more interactive experience for anyone who is looking for information on birth searching.
- Enable a better experience on our website for everyone with applicable and updated current events.
- While we still encourage everyone to join our Facebook Groups, our website will provide resources and helpful tips.
We have a new mailing address AND phone number
1883 W Royal Hunte Dr
Cedar City UT 84720
We have many more exciting plans to share with you during 2021...
It's all coming soon!
As always, friends, please keep in mind that DNA testing and close family confirmations can take time. Don't be disappointed if your matches are distant cousins or other KADs when you get your results. This still helps our KAD community. Every cousin reunion with family ultimately helps each of us get closer to our own parental and sibling matches.
Never, ever give up hope. We are all in this together!
And, lastly, on behalf of the Board of Directors, we so very much appreciate you! It is truly a labor of love doing what we do and assisting our fellow KADs. We celebrate those reunions right along with you!
Be the good that our world needs right now.
Many wishes and blessings for a very lovely, healthy, and prosperous New Year!
Linda Papi Rounds
As a gentle reminder, 2020 charitable contributions need to be received by midnight, December 31, 2020. Donations are accepted on our website www.325kamra.org.