April 3, 2020
Dear Amazing Pardes Families,
As we wind down our third week of our distance learning and head into Passover Break beginning on Monday, I want to share with you the many things for which I am so appreciative:
- I am so appreciative of our amazing faculty and staff who have demonstrated such extraordinary effort, care, concern, and conscientiousness in rolling out and advancing this new learning platform and distance learning.
- I am so appreciative of our students and families who have continued to adapt and embrace their new learning dynamics while displaying grit, determination and wonderful attitudes in the face of adversity
- I am so appreciative of our Board of Directors who has been so supportive, mindful, and committed to listening and responding to the school’s needs
- Finally, I am so appreciative and proud of our Administrative Team who responded swiftly with vigorous determination and excellence to lead our school through this abnormal time in our history.
Though we are not “in session” starting Monday, April 6 through Sunday, April 19, I want you to know that we are still here for you should you need anything. You can count on us to communicate with you during break should we need to inform you of any information that is important for you to have. With that in mind, I want to share the following:
- Please make sure to take the tax credit for Pardes through the Jewish Tuition Organization (JTO). The deadline remains April 15th. Many current and new families depend on financial assistance received from the Jewish Tuition Organization to be able to send their children to Pardes. Support the Pardes Fund at the JTO by visiting jtophoenix.org.
- Families all over the country, including right here in our community, are feeling the emotional and financial stress brought on by COVID-19. If you are one of those families, please reach out to us for support. Click here for resources as well as a confidential Family Assistance Request Form. Additionally, if you would like to contribute to the Pardes Support Fund to help families who may be facing financial hardship during his time, please visit the Pardes@Home section of the website.
- Towards the end of break, we will be hosting a panel discussion with Ms. Lock, Ms. Woodnick, and me. As we continue our distance learning after April 19, we want to be able to provide a forum for our parents to hear from us on topics including: tips, strategies, and logistics for online learning; how to navigate your child’s day; and, the importance of both your child’s and your own emotional well-being during these unusual times. Additionally, you will have an opportunity to ask questions. We will send a Zoom link with the necessary information during Passover Break.
I can’t thank you enough for all of your support, flexibility, and patience as we continue to craft the best possible experience for your child. Together, we will get through this!
Wishing all of you a peaceful Shabbat and a sweet Passover.