e hope you are in good health, staying safe and getting outside to enjoy some fresh air.
When we closed our offices on March 17, who would have imagined we’d still be home? Although
our office is closed and our face-to-face events are cancelled until further notice, we are accessible via email and voicemail. I commend the CDLC staff and thank them for all that they are doing to continue to provide quality services. As a membership organization our mission is to serve you, and albeit remotely, we are doing all that we can to support you and to stay connected!
Some ways we are doing this:
- Providing members access to Skillshare, Treehouse, and Tech-Talk
- Training and supporting members who are adding digital collections to New York Heritage
- Processing physical collections via cataloging and electronic collections via interlibrary loan
- Participating in calls and fielding inquiries for the Ask the Lawyer service
- Supporting services we offer through Empire State Library Network (ESLN), including Empire Library Delivery, New York Heritage, NYS Historic Newspapers, Ask the Lawyer and Ask Us 24/7
- Using Slack to share information about activities and projects
- Taking advantage of remote learning for our own professional development
- Having biweekly staff meetings to share news and some laughs, and just to “see” each other!
We will continue to update our website, host member forums, share tools and resources with you, and support you however we can to get through this.
What can we do for you? Please don’t hesitate to reach out and
share your thoughts and ideas with me
. We wish everyone the best and can’t wait to see you again!