Dear PCA Community,
Today, we face a global health crisis, and I am aware that as we confront the challenges of an emergency like this, it creates discomfort and anxiety. PCA has historically operated with conviction, and with an abundance of caution to safeguard those in our community as we fulfill our mission. Sometimes these unexpected events are disruptive in our lives and require that we dramatically and quickly alter our established paths. We have done so successfully in the past, and we will prayerfully do so successfully again now.
While we have no knowledge of any cases of COVID-19 associated either with our students or with the PCA family more broadly, we have had many of our community travel during the last two weeks. We are in daily consultation with public health officials, and we are following their guidance. As a result, we are taking the following steps immediately:
- PCA campuses will be closed to all students until further notice.
- Classes at all levels will be delivered online beginning Monday, March 16.
- Online teaching and course delivery will remain in effect at least until Friday, March 20. We will re-evaluate and issue further guidelines in advance of that date.
- Each divisional Administration team will be available to assist parents and students who may have accessibility issues to on-line resources, and all faculty will be available on-line to assist with on-line learning questions.
- Campus facilities will remain open for limited access to staff.
- We will provide guidance for employees who need to work remotely; this will be shared soon.
- Athletic and other co-curricular activities are suspended through March 23. We will re-evaluate and issue further guidelines in advance of that date.
These actions will obviously have a profound effect on our school. In the coming days, we will be working through the many questions that will emerge from these immediate actions to provide additional guidance and clarity.
I fully understand the burden this puts on many in our community who will have to rearrange plans and revise how they conduct the school’s daily business. I deeply appreciate the hard work so many of you have done and will continue to do throughout this public health crisis.
PCA can play a critical role by slowing transmission of COVID-19 and freeing our local hospitals to treat the critically ill. We can and must do our part to safeguard the health of our entire community. I thank all of you in advance for your compassion for others and patience in navigating a complex situation.
We will continue to provide updates and guidance as soon and as often as possible.
I am thankful for each of you. I want you all to stay safe and healthy during this difficult situation. Please take care of yourselves, of your friends and families, and of those in our community to whom you have the capacity to reach out to with compassion.
Praying for our future generations –
John P. Klingstedt
Executive Director/Interim Head of School