The health and wellness of our students and staff is our highest priority. For the past several weeks, our leadership team has diligently been monitoring and preparing for any potential impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Out of an abundance of caution, our partner with the Frank L Madla Early College High School, Palo Alto College, has issued an extension of Spring Break to prepare to transition to remote instruction. This is consistent with more than 130 universities across the nation in an effort to stop the spread of COVID-19.
It is important to note that there are
currently no community cases
of COVID-19 in Bexar County, the City of San Antonio or Alamo Colleges District, so the risk of infection remains low.
The following changes align with recommendations and guidelines from the Texas Department of State Health Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and San Antonio Metro Health:
- Although all college classes are cancelled from March 16-20, high school classes will resume for our students on Thursday, March 19.
- Our teaching staff will report to work as scheduled on March 16.
- All student work for March 16-18 will be uploaded to Schoology.
- All college courses will resume March 23 online. Details on available technology equipment will be forthcoming.
- Unless ill, students are to report to school on Thursday, March 19 as we must continue to adhere to the Texas Education Agency's attendance policies.
Any student who is experiencing flu-like symptoms should seek a medical consult immediately. Avoid returning to campus. Contact your primary care physician or San Antonio Metro Health for a medical evaluation
The San Antonio Metropolitan Health District has opened a COVID-19 hotline for residents to ask questions about the virus. The hotline is available in English and Spanish.
- For COVID-19 questions call 210-207-5779
- The hotline is open Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Guidance for our Madla ACA (K-8th) students will be sent out separately. Stay connected with us on social media, Schoology and through email as we will share updates across those channels. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.