Reminders: All previous bulletins and other resources listed at
. Resource requests from our community institutions listed at the end of this bulletin. Send any questions to
Illinois Manufacturing Association Human Resources Webinar
The Illinois Manufacturing Association (IMA) hosted a webinar to help their members navigate the new Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA). They have graciously given us permission to share with our businesses, regardless of IMA membership. The webinar covers a variety of topics applicable to all businesses, not just manufacturers. Watch the webinar recording
and access the slides
Washington Prime Group “Open for Small Business” Program
Washington Prime Group (WPG), owner of Northwoods Mall, has partnered with the Institute for Justice Clinic on Entrepreneurship and the University of Chicago to launch the Open for Small Business Initiative. This initiative provides an easy to use lease modification template allowing for the deferral of payments until local entrepreneurs can get back on their feet. Open for Small Business is also hosting educational webcast seminars with government agency officials and private sector experts to discuss how to access SBA guaranteed loans and more. These resources are being made available to all small businesses whether or not they are a WPG tenant. More information on the program can be found
Illinois Unemployment Fact Sheet
Illinois Department of Employment Security has published a summary of expanded unemployment benefits
DCEO Summary of State and Federal Programs
Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity has put together a 26 page guide to state and federal programs aimed at helping businesses and individuals dealing with the pandemic. You can find the guide
REMINDER: Downstate Business Stabilization Program Application Portal Open
Small businesses in Greater Peoria who have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 crisis may be eligible to apply for a grant of up to $25,000 through Illinois’ Downstate Business Stabilization Program. The program is aimed at businesses with 50 or less employees that have been in operation, with the current ownership, since at least January 1, 2017. Due to the nature of the funding behind this program, businesses in the cities of Peoria and Pekin are ineligible. Businesses located in Peoria, Woodford and Mason counties have until 5 p.m. on Friday, April 10 to submit their completed applications. Tazewell county businesses have until 5 p.m. on Monday, April 13. More information, including a link to the application portal, can be found at
- Community Foundation of Central Illinois: Requesting monetary donations for the Central Illinois Disaster Recovery Fund. Information https://communityfoundationci.org/. Morton Chamber & EDC addition: The Morton Community Foundation has also announced a Morton Area Disaster Relief Fund for organizations serving those affected by COVID-19. Donations are being matched to up to $10,000. Donate here.
- UnityPoint Health: UnityPoint is seeking personal protective equipment (PPE) and other medical supplies. They are als in search of medical personnel to help them prepare in the event that there is an influx of sick patients. Information here.
- OSF Healthcare: OSF seeking personal protective equipment (PPE), ventilators and other supplies. Information here.
- Peoria Innovation Alliance: PIA is gathering the maker community to discuss ways individuals and small companies can make supplies like masks. Information here.
- Heartland Health Services: Seeking personal protective equipment, medical supplies, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes unopened. More information here.
- UICOMP Accepting Handmade Masks – The University of Illinois College of Medicine is accepting donations of handmade masks. Details can be found here.
- Morton Chamber & EDC addition: Community Harvest and Midwest Food Bank are soliciting monetary donations to help support the influx of requests for food.Visit their sites for more info.
Chief Executive Officer
Greater Peoria Economic Development Council