It is with grateful hearts that we come to the end of 2019, looking forward to continued ministry and partnership in 2020. God has worked through many to fill this past year with rewarding and impactful ministry at Misión Peniel. We have had many opportunities to witness God’s gifts of Hope, Peace, Joy and Love:
- We have witnessed God’s gifts in the relationship between the farmworker community and our faithful volunteers from many church communities every Friday.
- We have shared in God’s gifts among community members who are involved in the midweek ministries of Mision Peniel through worship, fellowship, pastoral outreach, the mission garden and much more.
- We have received God’s gifts through our partnerships that sustain this mission through area churches and individuals, Cultivate Abundance food security ministry, Immokalee Soccer School and Academy, Harry Chapin and Midwest Food Banks, and financial ministry grant programs.
- We are grateful for the support we continually receive through prayer, children’s ministry, financial and commodity donations including so many important annual drives for diapers, backpacks, food, books, children’s shoes and clothing and most recently, our Christmas Angel Tree program reaching 482 children this year!
- We continue to receive new gifts through the development of new ministries such as “Pan de Vida” (“Bread of Life”), which began in November, that provides a daily meal and much needed compassion for those unable to work due to injury, illness or age. You will be hearing more about this ministry in the coming year.
Thank you for sharing your heart with Misión Peniel and most especially with the farmworker community in Immokalee. May the gifts of this season continue to be revealed in your life into the New Year and beyond!
and Jwaye Nwel!
With Appreciation and Celebration,
Pastor Miguel Estrada and Ruth DeYoe